The Celts & Castles Tour from Dublin City with Hilltoptreks brings you to the counties of Meath and Louth. Hear stories and history from the first settlers in Ireland to the Celts, Vikings, Anglo-Normans, and up to the present day.
Explore the ancient Boyne Valley with a Celts and Castles Day Tour with Hilltoptreks. The tour begins in Dublin City centre and travels towards Brú na Bóinne in County Meath, famous for its UNESCO World Heritage Sites, Newgrange and Knowth.
After your visit here, the tour continues to Slane, home of Slane Castle and the Hill of Slane. Your journey will then take you to Trim Castle, the largest Norman castle in Europe and the film location for the movie “Braveheart”. The final stop on the tour is at the Hill of Tara, the ancient seat of the High Kings of Ireland, and home to several important national monuments.
Apart from its important heritage, the Boyne Valley is a truly wonderful area full of beauty, mystery, and intrigue. To quote William Wilde, the father of Oscar Wilde, “So memorable in ancient history and so rich in monuments of the past is it…that the history of Ireland might be written in tracing its banks”.
You may also like
- Things to see & doDay toursLittle Gem Private Tours of Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursLeinster Taxi
- Things to see & doCity toursJohn's Tours of Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursIrlanda en Espanol
- Things to see & doDay toursGlendalough Tour - Finn McCools Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursGiants Causeway Tour - Finn McCools Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursGiants Causeway Day Tour – Irish Day Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursGanTours