Phoenix Park – People’s Flower Gardens
- Cloudy days
A 9 hectare section of the massive Phoenix Park is given over to this enclosed and immaculately manicured Victorian flower garden.
The garden was laid out and opened in the mid-nineteenth century as the Promenade Grounds. It provides an opportunity to enjoy the horticulture of that era at its best. A large ornamental lake with various fowl, a children’s playground, picnic areas and Victorian bedding schemes are just some of the attractions you will come across here.
You will find the People’s Flower Gardens between the Parkgate Street entrance and the North Circular Road entrance to the Phoenix Park. Whether you’re looking to relax in the sun, have a picnic or simply take a pleasant walk, don’t miss this enchanting portion of the capital’s largest green space.
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsGarden of Remembrance
- Things to see & doParksIveagh Gardens
- Things to see & doParksMarlay Park
- Things to see & doParksPhoenix Park
- Things to see & doParksEamonn Ceannt Park
- Things to see & doParksTolka Valley Park
- Things to see & doParksSean Walsh Memorial Park
- Things to see & doParksBlessington Street Basin (Dublin's Secret Garden)
- Things to see & doParksFairview Park
- Things to see & doParksSt. Stephen's Green
- Things to see & doParksBrickfield Park
- Things to see & doParksBlackrock Park