- Free to visit
- Family friendly
Located about 9km from Dublin City centre, Marlay Demesne or Park is found in Rathfarnham, at the foothills of the Dublin Mountains, but easily accessible by bus 16. Marlay is an extensive 300-acre historic demesne with many important features, including a restored Georgian House built in 1794, courtyards and regency walled gardens. Tours of the house are available . The Demesne is also home to lawns, fine old trees and a number of large ponds fed by the Little Dargle River as it runs through the park. It is known for mature woodland walks and extensive recreational spaces. It is also the starting point of the Wicklow Way hiking trail.
Marlay Demesne caters for various sporting activities, including football, soccer, tennis, par-3 golf, cricket, orienteering and running. The demesne also includes fine children’s play facilities, a BMX cycle track and multi-gauge miniature railways. During the summer free train rides are provided for children on Saturday afternoons. Visit the craft courtyard with home craft shops and relax at the coffee shops. A designated dog park is available. Markets take place on Saturdays & Sundays, while concerts and events are held at Marlay Park throughout the year.
- Things to see & doParksMarlay Park
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsGarden of Remembrance
- Things to see & doParksIveagh Gardens
- Things to see & doParksSean Walsh Memorial Park
- Things to see & doParksGriffith Park
- Things to see & doParksBushy Park
- Things to see & doParksFairview Park
- Things to see & doParksEamonn Ceannt Park