Sean Walsh Memorial Park
- Family friendly
- Free to visit
- Dog friendly
- Free car parking
- Cloudy days
A vital local amenity for the Tallaght community since it opened in 1989, Sean Walsh Park is the St Stephen’s Green of Tallaght in Dublin City. The park is the start of the Dublin Mountains Way.
An oasis at the heart of a densely-populated urban area, the park provides a landscaped parkland and recreation area for residents and visitors. The Dublin Mountains form a gentle backdrop to this neighbourhood park which overlooks The Square Shopping Centre. Ornamental formal gardens lie side by side with attractive water features such as ponds and waterfalls. Extensive tree planting allows shaded areas for relaxation, while playing pitches lie close to the local community school. You'll also find a playground, a duck pond, a sensory garden and a walking/jogging track.
The park adjoins Old Bawn Road and provides a means of crossing to The Square Shopping Centre via a footbridge. Pedestrian paths around the ponds allow for pleasant walks and passive recreation and this area is ideal for summer picnics. Tallaght Stadium was officially opened in May 2009 and is a purpose built, 6000 seat, state of the art football stadium located within The Sean Walsh Memorial Park.
Please note that for operational reasons, the car parks are closed in sequence. Some car parks therefore close before the official park closing time.
- Marlay ParkThings to see & doParks
- Garden of RemembranceThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Killiney HillThings to see & doParks
- Fairview ParkThings to see & doParks
- Blackrock ParkThings to see & doParks
- Phoenix Park – People’s Flower GardensThings to see & doParks
- Blessington Street Basin (Dublin's Secret Garden)Things to see & doParks
- Tolka Valley ParkThings to see & doParks
- Eamonn Ceannt ParkThings to see & doParks
- Marlay DemesneThings to see & doParks
- Griffith ParkThings to see & doParks