- No charge is made by the Dublin Garden Trail for its service and payment is normally made to the individual garden owner at the time of the visit. (Rates for each garden can be seen on the individual pages & often go to a charitable cause). Tea & scones may incur an additional cost.
The Dublin Garden Trail (formerly the Dublin Garden Group) is an organisation which includes some of Dublin's most distinguished private gardens which are not otherwise open to the public. Let them help organise a tour that will give gardening enthusiasts a unique and memorable experience.
The Dublin Garden Trail (DGT) comprises some of the most distinguished private gardens in the greater Dublin area. Some of them are world famous, while others are secret gems - their discovery has been the highlight of many a garden tour.
The owners of these private gardens, most of which are not open to the public, would like to welcome groups to share their enthusiasm for and knowledge of their plants and designs, at the time to see them at their best.
DGT exists to assist group organisers by suggesting itineraries and, when agreed, booking the individual gardens. Organisers should specify any particular interests for their group, so that the most appropriate gardens can be suggested. The minimum group size is 10 people and gardens that are not members of DGT may be included in the itinerary. Booking these gardens is the responsibility of the group organiser. Advice on gardens to visit in the rest of Ireland is also available. There is no charge for these services. Download a brochure from their website.
In some cases house tours and/or tea, coffee and homemade biscuits can be arranged at an additional charge. Many of the gardens will accept individual groups of less than 10 and some are open to the public at specific times. Bookings for these smaller groups should be made with the garden owners concerned.
Organizing a tour through the Dublin Garden Trail provides gardening enthusiasts a unique and memorable experience.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsPearse Museum and St. Enda's Park
- Things to see & doGardensEast to West Garden Tour - Arbutus Garden Tours
- Things to see & doGardensMornington Garden
- Things to see & doGardensNational Botanic Gardens
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doGardensSt Anne's Park and Rose Gardens
- Things to see & doGardensMerrion Square
- Things to see & doHistoric housesÁras an Uachtaráin