- Hidden gem
- Cloudy days
Mornington Garden is a large family friendly garden, originally planted between 1935 and 1940. Garden designer and horticulturist, Annmarie Bowring, has been actively developing the garden into a truly all round family one. This includes a play area for children, a clothesline for drying clothes, a potting shed, glasshouse, chicken pen, and 9 compost bins. A real family garden with interest all year.
With its mature trees and shrubs, including a very large Eucalyptus gunnii on the southern corner of the garden, shrubs have been sculpted to enhance the garden. It also includes vegetable, fruit and ornamental gardens, and is maintained in a totally sustainable way. There are no hard corners, the garden consists of winding gravel paths, sitting areas, lawns, and flowers.
Not far from the sea, silhouettes of breaking waves are cut into the boundary privet hedge, creating a green backdrop to the garden.
- Things to see & doGardensNational Botanic Gardens
- Things to see & doMuseumsPearse Museum - St. Enda's Park
- Things to see & doGardensAirfield Estate
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doGardensEast to West Garden Tour - Arbutus Garden Tours
- Things to see & doGardensDublin Garden Trail
- Things to see & doCastlesMalahide Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doGardensUrban Plant Life Garden Centre
- Qigong at the Rooftop Garden
Sat, 18 Mar - Sat, 8 Apr
- What's onLive music & gigsHozier
Fri, 30 Jun
Malahide Castle & Gardens
- What's onTheatreSense and Sensibility
Sun, 11 Jun
Newbridge House & Farm
- Things to see & doGardensSt Anne's Park and Rose Gardens