- Hidden gem
- Cloudy days
Mornington Garden is a large family friendly garden, originally planted between 1935 and 1940. Garden designer and horticulturist, Annmarie Bowring, has been actively developing the garden into a truly all round family one. This includes a play area for children, a clothesline for drying clothes, a potting shed, glasshouse, chicken pen, and 9 compost bins. A real family garden with interest all year.
With its mature trees and shrubs, including a very large Eucalyptus gunnii on the southern corner of the garden, shrubs have been sculpted to enhance the garden. It also includes vegetable, fruit and ornamental gardens, and is maintained in a totally sustainable way. There are no hard corners, the garden consists of winding gravel paths, sitting areas, lawns, and flowers.
Not far from the sea, silhouettes of breaking waves are cut into the boundary privet hedge, creating a green backdrop to the garden.
- Pearse Museum - St. Enda's ParkThings to see & doMuseums
- Airfield EstateThings to see & doGardens
- National Botanic GardensThings to see & doGardens
- Malahide Castle and GardensThings to see & doCastles
- Ardgillan Castle and GardensThings to see & doCastles
- East to West Garden Tour - Arbutus Garden ToursThings to see & doGardens
- Dublin Garden TrailThings to see & doGardens
- Urban Plant Life Garden CentreThings to see & doGardens
- War Memorial GardensThings to see & doGardens
- St Anne's Park and Rose GardensThings to see & doGardens
- Áras an UachtaráinThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Merrion SquareThings to see & doGardens