The Mulligan family have been playing Irish music for five generations, no one can remember back any further. Tom Mulligan’s laid back and friendly pub is built on family tradition - respect for music and culture.
Some of Ireland’s finest musicians, including Tom’s brother, the renowned uilleann piper Néillidh, lead traditional Irish music sessions in the bar seven nights a week. The music is not put on for show.
Musicians and singers hand on songs, tunes and skills that keep the tradition alive. Everyone is welcome.
The Cobblestone is in one of Dublin’s oldest neighbourhoods, Smithfield, one minute from the Luas stop and fifteen minutes walk from the city centre.
As well as hosting Na Piobairí Uilleann (Pipers' Seisiún) on the first Tuesday night of every month, The Cobblestone Backroom Venue also presents gigs, sessions, classes and talks. Bluegrass, country, folk, singer songwriter nights, Sean-nós singing and dancing, set dancing, céilidh, history talks and more.
The Balaclavas session takes place every Wednesday night in The Backroom when Tom’s daughter Síomha and Jacqui Martin teach Irish music on a variety of instruments to those not yet brave enough to play in the front bar.
Come and enjoy the atmosphere in a real Irish bar with Tom or singer and fiddler Mick O’Grady and the many other talented musicians that meet in this corner of Dublin. Drop in and have a pint.
- CHQ DublinFood & drinkRestaurants
- Merry Ploughboy Irish Music PubFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Botanical @ Dublin One HotelFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Ivy Dawson StreetFood & drinkRestaurants
- BovinityFood & drinkRestaurants
- 64 WineFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Perfect Pint TourThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Dollard MarketFood & drinkRestaurants
- Stillgarden DistilleryFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Button FactoryThings to see & doTheatre & events venues
- Wrights Findlater HowthFood & drinkRestaurants
- Celtic Nights Dinner & ShowFood & drinkRestaurants