The Oval Bar
The Oval, a landmark traditional Dublin Pub, enjoys an enviable city centre location.
Indeed this very location forms part of The Oval’s rich history. During the period of the 1916 Rising in Dublin, its close proximity to the General Post Office, to the Irish Independent Newspapers Offices and to other key stronghold buildings around the then ‘Sackville Street’, (now O’Connell Street) led to its interior being completely destroyed. This was lovingly restored in 1917. Fortunately, its original Victorian façade managed to somehow escape intact. The original Victorian exterior period features include the large 'lunette' oval window and bay windows.
The Oval is the ideal place to escape from the hectic hustle and bustle of the city centre. The perfect spot for busy shoppers looking to recharge their batteries with a meal and a drink, for visitors seeking the ‘Craic’ or to drop in before or after a play, session or show. A full menu is served every day, Traditional Irish Stew being a speciality.
With three floors of seating and a large function area with its own private bar facilities which is available to hire. The Oval can accommodate groups of up to 50.
The Oval is also very popular place to watch ‘the match’, all major sporting events are shown on the premises.
Free WiFi, excellent City Centre location with LUAS and Dublin Bus at its doorstep. Five minutes walk to The Abbey Theatre, The Academy Venue, The Gate Theatre, City Centre Cinemas etc.
- Things to see & doBar & pubsStella Cinema
- Food & drinkRestaurantsThe Circular Bar
- Food & drinkRestaurantsThe Galway Hooker Bar & Restaurant Dublin
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Beacon
- Food & drinkRestaurantsElephant & Castle Rathmines
- Food & drinkBars & pubsBar Rua
- Food & drinkRestaurantsCHQ Dublin
- Food & drinkBars & pubsMerry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBotanical @ Dublin One Hotel
- Food & drinkRestaurantsThe Ivy Dawson Street
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBovinity
- Food & drinkBars & pubs64 Wine