Stand-up paddle boarding is one of the best ways to explore Dublin’s magnificent coastline, not to mention a fantastic way to get fit. Whether you are a seasoned water dweller or landlubber, or taking your first tentative steps on a paddle board, BigStyle SUP Dún Laoghaire in County Dublin will be able to help you find your sea legs.
Founded by Kris Goodbody, BigStyle has a SUP school at Dún Laoghaire Harbour in Dublin and at the Atlantic Lodge in County Mayo. Dún Laoghaire Harbour is located just over 10km from Dublin’s City centre and has 200 acres of water. It is a great place to learn to Stand Up Paddle, as it’s sheltered from almost every wind direction.
BigStyle SUP school is located at the slipway to the Coal Harbour, the oldest part of Dún Laoghaire’s historic port. It is the most sheltered part of the harbour and is the perfect place to make your first attempt on a SUP. Instructors make sure to match your progression, so if you are comfortable with SUP, they will set off to explore, or if you are a little unsure with SUP, they will take more time and cruise around a small area. If you are familiar with SUP, why not simply rent a board and go on an adventure with BigStyle SUP Dún Laoghaire.
Everyone is provided with a wetsuit, buoyancy aid, paddle and SUP. You must just bring a towel and a sense of adventure. The BigStyle operation is currently mobile in the harbour with no access to changing rooms and so it is best to come wearing your swimsuit and ready to go.
You may also like
- Things to see & doWater activitiesCity Kayaking
- Things to see & doWater activitiesSurfdock Watersports
- Things to see & doWater activitiesPure Magic Watersports Dublin
- Things to see & doWater activitiesDun Laoghaire Marina
- Things to see & doWater activitiesIsland Ferries
- Things to see & doWater activitiesDublin Bay Cruises
- Things to see & doWater activitiesShearwater Sea Kayaking
- Things to see & doWater activitiesHarbour Splash