Experience Gaelic Games in Dublin City, is an Irish cultural experience consisting of light outdoor and indoor activity. Take part in an educational, cultural, fun activity, and enjoy something that you can only do when in Ireland.
Learn about some of the oldest tribal field games in the world and meet Irish people. Experience Gaelic Games, located only 10 minutes from Dublin City centre by bus, is ideal for individuals, families, and all group sizes. The experience lasts approximately 3 hours.
The sessions are flexible and are tailor made to suit the profile and dynamic of each group. For some, it will be all about the sports, they will wish to get stuck in immediately and want to play the games. For others, it will centre around the impact of Gaelic games on modern Irish culture with a focus on team building and more sedate activity.
Each session starts with an audio visual introduction to the concept of Gaelic games, their history and unique impact on Irish life.
After this briefing, the real fun begins and you will be taught by trained coaches the basic skills of the ancient stick and ball game of hurling, the simplicity and speed of Gaelic football and the fun of Gaelic handball.
In one session, you will learn why Gaelic games grip the Irish nation every summer, why every parish in Ireland has its own GAA club, and why Gaelic games, more than anything else, explains what it is to be Irish.
Games are played on all weather pitches. Facilities include showers and hot water on site. Participants need to bring their own towel. They are licensed by the GAA as an official partner.
You may also like
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesLeisureplex Coolock
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesZero Latency Dublin
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesIrish National Sailing & Powerboat School
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesRafting.ie
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesZipit Tibradden Wood
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesMy Bike or Hike
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesThe Clue Academy
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesKidspace Rathfarnham