Dublin Bay Cruises
- Family friendly
- Cloudy days
The 75 minute cruise takes in a variety of scenery and landmarks along the way, and you'll travel through time to understand how and why Dublin became the capital city of Ireland. The cruise is a chilled, relaxing way to experience Dublin from an entirely new vantage point.
Dublin Bay Cruises is managed and operated by the Garrihy family, who have many decades experience on the sea, particularly on the west coast of Ireland where they operate Cliffs Of Moher Cruises and Doolin2Aran Ferries.
The 75 minute Dublin Bay Cruise links with Dublin's commuter train at both harbours and takes you across beautiful Dublin Bay. Other landmarks include the gloriously untouched Ireland’s Eye and scenic Howth Head. To the south you will view Dún Laoghaire Harbour, the James Joyce Martello Tower at Sandycove (where James Joyce spent 6 nights and set the first scene of his 'Ulysses'), then Dalkey Island with its adorable grey seals and more. To the north you will pass by Clontarf, Bull Island Nature Reserve, Baily Lighthouse, Ireland's Eye Island and the rugged coastline of Howth Hill, ending at the picturesque Howth Harbour with its working fishing pier.
On board you can enjoy a commentary while you drink a beverage of your choice, relax and enjoy the beautiful views of the bay in the shadow of the Dublin Mountains. You can return back to the city centre from either Howth or Dún Laoghaire via the DART train with a discounted train ticket, or you can meet the boat at either harbour and cruise back to Dublin. The train journey takes about 30 minutes. If you choose to cycle on the new cycle track around the edge of Dublin Bay from Sutton to Sandycove, you can take your bike on board the boat to cross the bay.
Also, if you choose to do two journeys on Dublin Bay Cruises, the second leg is substantially discounted. Kids under the age of 3 are free and buggies are welcome on board. These award winning cruises are also perfect for corporate events and private parties.
- Things to see & doWater activitiesIsland Ferries
- Things to see & doWater activitiesDun Laoghaire Marina
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesRafting.ie
- Things to see & doWater activitiesPure Magic Watersports Dublin
- Things to see & doWater activitiesCity Kayaking
- Things to see & doWater activitiesSurfdock Watersports
- Things to see & doWater activitiesBigStyle SUP Dún Laoghaire
- Things to see & doWater activitiesShearwater Sea Kayaking
- Things to see & doWater activitiesHarbour Splash
- Things to see & doWater activitiesKayaking.ie
- Things to see & doWater activitiesHowth Yacht Club Marina
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesIrish National Sailing & Powerboat School