Dublin Bay Cruises
- Family friendly
- Cloudy days
The 75 minute cruise takes in a variety of scenery and landmarks along the way, and you'll travel through time to understand how and why Dublin became the capital city of Ireland. The cruise is a chilled, relaxing way to experience Dublin from an entirely new vantage point.
Dublin Bay Cruises is managed and operated by the Garrihy family, who have many decades experience on the sea, particularly on the west coast of Ireland where they operate Cliffs Of Moher Cruises and Doolin2Aran Ferries.
The 75 minute Dublin Bay Cruise links with Dublin's commuter train at both harbours and takes you across beautiful Dublin Bay. Other landmarks include the gloriously untouched Ireland’s Eye and scenic Howth Head. To the south you will view Dún Laoghaire Harbour, the James Joyce Martello Tower at Sandycove (where James Joyce spent 6 nights and set the first scene of his 'Ulysses'), then Dalkey Island with its adorable grey seals and more. To the north you will pass by Clontarf, Bull Island Nature Reserve, Baily Lighthouse, Ireland's Eye Island and the rugged coastline of Howth Hill, ending at the picturesque Howth Harbour with its working fishing pier.
On board you can enjoy a commentary while you drink a beverage of your choice, relax and enjoy the beautiful views of the bay in the shadow of the Dublin Mountains. You can return back to the city centre from either Howth or Dún Laoghaire via the DART train with a discounted train ticket, or you can meet the boat at either harbour and cruise back to Dublin. The train journey takes about 30 minutes. If you choose to cycle on the new cycle track around the edge of Dublin Bay from Sutton to Sandycove, you can take your bike on board the boat to cross the bay.
Also, if you choose to do two journeys on Dublin Bay Cruises, the second leg is substantially discounted. Kids under the age of 3 are free and buggies are welcome on board. These award winning cruises are also perfect for corporate events and private parties.
- Kayaking.ieThings to see & doWater activities
- Surfdock WatersportsThings to see & doWater activities
- City KayakingThings to see & doWater activities
- Pure Magic Watersports DublinThings to see & doWater activities
- Rafting.ieThings to see & doAdventure activities
- Howth Yacht Club MarinaThings to see & doWater activities
- BigStyle SUP Dún LaoghaireThings to see & doWater activities
- Irish National Sailing & Powerboat SchoolThings to see & doAdventure activities
- Dun Laoghaire MarinaThings to see & doWater activities
- Shearwater Sea KayakingThings to see & doWater activities
- Malahide Charter BoatThings to see & doWater activities
- Extreme Time-offThings to see & doWater activities