City Kayaking of Dublin City allows you to explore Dublin’s most famous river and take in its iconic city centre landmarks from a different angle. The Music Under the Bridges live music sessions are enhanced by the acoustics and atmosphere of the river. Tours are coordinated with the tides and suitable for all levels of experience.
City Kayaking operates in the heart of Dublin City, from a base where the Jeanie Johnston Tall Ship is moored. City Kayaking offers adventure activities on the River Liffey during the day and in the evenings, lasting a full ninety minutes.
Tours are timed to coordinate with the flow of the tides. High tide tours allow you to paddle through the city centre almost at city level, while low tide tours to give you a chance to explore the docklands and get a glimpse of Dublin Bay. The company will kit you out with all the relevant safety gear and you will be on your way quickly. The qualified guides and safe boats will ensure the highest standard of safety while you are on the water.
The company operates sit-on-top kayaks. These kayaks are single, double or triple seaters which are really safe, stable and easy to use. This activity is suitable for all levels of experience, and for guests from the age of 8 years and up. Participants under 18 years of age must have a parent or supervising adult present at all times. You are in good hands if you get tired, as you can avail of a tow from their safety boat.
Consider joining the Music Under the Bridges tour, a live session of kayaking, music and spoken word. These sessions on the water and under the bridges have magical acoustics and atmosphere.
The nearest private paid car parking, Park Rite IFSC Commons Street, is only a two minute walk from City Kayaking.
You may also like
- Things to see & doWater activitiesBigStyle SUP Dún Laoghaire
- Things to see & doWater activitiesIsland Ferries
- Things to see & doWater activitiesDublin Bay Cruises
- Things to see & doWater activitiesShearwater Sea Kayaking
- Things to see & doWater activitiesHarbour Splash
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesRafting.ie
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesIrish National Sailing & Powerboat School
- Things to see & doWater activitiesHowth Yacht Club Marina