U2's Dublin - See Dublin by Bike
- Cloudy days
The world-conquering music of U2 was born in Dublin. All four band members experienced their formative years in the city. Dublin's environment and culture was an important influence on their music. The city shaped them and their success.
The tour captures many aspects of the U2 story: the recording studios- Windmill Lane where their early classic songs were recorded and Hanover Quay where the sounds of more maturing artists were created. The tour takes in a stop at the Bonavox hearing aid shop on North Earl Street, the premises that gave Paul Hewson his global nickname. See the Grand Canal lock where the cover of “October” was shot and also the site of their famous Dandelion Market early gigs. Then the journey takes in St Patrick's Grammar School from which the superstar was once expelled. You'll pass the rock venue where they met the man who managed them for over 30 years.
The tour also takes in key landmarks in the city; Dublin Castle, Guinness, Grand Canal Dock, O'Connell Street and the General Post Office, College Green, the Georgian streets and more.
See the places, get the sense of the boys' city and hear anecdotes about Ireland's most successful rock band.
Minimum of 4 persons per tour. Suitable for ages 14 and up. Bicycles and equipment are provided. Meet at The Multi Storey Car Park, Drury St, Dublin. See Dublin By Bike is part of The Lazy Bike Tour Company and partners with Baja Bikes.
Booking in advanced is recommended. Just show your booking confirmation on your phone.
- Things to see & doCyclingWild N Happy Travel
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doCyclingThe Lazy Bike Tour Company Limited
- Things to see & doCyclingBike Stop Dublin
- Things to see & doCyclingCycle Dublin Bike Tours
- Things to see & doCyclingRoadbikehire.ie
- Things to see & doCyclingRiver Cycles
- Things to see & doHikingMy Bike or Hike
- Things to see & doCyclingEasy Motion
- Things to see & doCyclingSpecialized Ireland
- Things to see & doCyclingDublin Pedal Tours
- Things to see & doHikingIrish Cycling Safaris