Ticknock - Fairy Castle Loop
- Loop trail
- Easy trail
- 1 hour 45 minutes
Ticknock Wood boasts up to 10km of mountain and forest walks with some spectacular views of Dublin City, Dublin Bay, Bray Head and the Wicklow Mountains.
Taking about 1.75 hours to complete, the Ticknock Fairy Castle Loop is moderate in grade and climbs 210m overall.
The trail traverses forest road and path over 5.5km through Three Rock Wood and boasts superb Dublin views from Three Rock Mountain (444m above sea level) and Two Rock Mountain - also known as Fairy Castle (536m above sea level). The loop then overlaps a little with the Dublin Mountains Way and the Wicklow Way before returning to its start point.
Nearby Sandyford is a great place to stop off after your loop for a welcome cup of tea or a bite to eat.
- Barnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)Things to see & doHiking
- Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)Things to see & doHiking
- Grand Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Cliff Path LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Black Linn LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Walk DublinThings to see & doHiking
- Wicklow WayThings to see & doHiking
- Dublin's Talking StatuesThings to see & doHiking
- The Dubline TrailThings to see & doHiking
- Yellow Umbrella Tours LtdThings to see & doHiking
- Donabate Portrane Cliff WalkThings to see & doHiking