- Easy trail
- Estimated time:
- 1 hour 45 minutes
Explore one of Dublin’s most popular hiking spots in leafy Ticknock Wood on this 5.5km loop. At 270m above sea level, it treats walkers to exceptional views of the capital, County Wicklow and more.
Ticknock Wood boasts up to 10km of mountain and forest walks with some spectacular views of Dublin City, Dublin Bay, Bray Head and the Wicklow Mountains.
Taking about 1.75 hours to complete, the Ticknock Fairy Castle Loop is moderate in grade and climbs 210m overall.
The trail traverses forest road and path over 5.5km through Three Rock Wood and boasts superb Dublin views from Three Rock Mountain (444m above sea level) and Two Rock Mountain - also known as Fairy Castle (536m above sea level). The loop then overlaps a little with the Dublin Mountains Way and the Wicklow Way before returning to its start point.
Nearby Sandyford is a great place to stop off after your loop for a welcome cup of tea or a bite to eat.
You may also like
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Walking Tours
- Things to see & doHikingMountaintrails
- Things to see & doHikingHilltoptreks