One of Dublin's best known bars, O' Donoghue's is strongly associated with the Dubliners (famous Irish ballad group). This has helped it to become something of a mecca for traditional musicians.
O'Donoghue's has a rich heritage and stands on a very historical site in Dublin City. Yet its more modern musical history is really the stuff of legends. Ask any Irish man to name the artists or bands that have shaped Irish traditional and contemporary music and The name 'The Dubliners' always comes up. Christy Moore and the Dubliners have spent many a memorable night entertaining Dublin's music lovers in this bar. It is this spirit that is kept alive by today's musicians. It has an array of drawings and photos of Irish musicians adorning its walls. The pub serves soup and sandwiches only, all day every day. There is live music seven nights a week commencing at 9 pm and at 5 pm on Saturdays.
You may also like
- Food and drinkBar & PubsThe Bridge 1859
- Food and drinkBar & PubsCeltic Nights Dinner & Show
- Food and drinkBar & PubsThe Laughter Lounge
- Food and drinkBar & PubsThe Guinness Open Gate Brewery
- Food and drinkBar & PubsThe Brazen Head
- Food and drinkBar & PubsHa'Penny Bridge Inn
- Food and drinkBar & PubsVela Restaurant & Bar
- Food and drinkBar & PubsCHQ Dublin