The Hairy Lemon in Dublin City Centre is a quirky pub and restaurant that is just about as unconventional as its namesake, located a short stroll from Temple Bar, Trinity College and St Stephens Green.
The enigmatic Hairy Lemon Pub was christened in memory of one of the city's great characters who was a dog catcher in the 1950s. He was reputed to boast a lemon shaped visage and a stubble of gooseberry like hair.
This is the most enjoyable drinking establishment is just about as unconventional as its namesake. Even the 19th century house in which it resides is a little "outside-the-box"; with years of memorabilia; a sitting room suspended in mid air, a ballroom that would hold 20 people, High Nellies, Wellies and even Granny's Kitchen.
The block buster film , "The Commitments" lives on in the Hairy Lemon Pub. Many scenes were filmed using the snug and bar counter from the pub. Unknown to itself, The Hairy Lemon has become one of Dublins trendiest pubs.
The Hairy Lemon also have an upstairs venue which is free for hire which seats up to 50 people and 150 people standing.
You may also like
- Food & drinkBar & PubsGuinness Storehouse
- Food & drinkBar & PubsRascals Brewing Company
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Bridge 1859
- Food & drinkBar & PubsCeltic Nights Dinner & Show
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Laughter Lounge
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Guinness Open Gate Brewery
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Brazen Head
- Food & drinkBar & PubsO'Donoghue's Bar