Giants Causeway Tour - Finn McCools Tours
Giant’s Causeway - At Northern Ireland’s most popular visitor attraction you will experience the unforgettable sights, breathtaking hexagonal columns and awe-inspiring landscape of this must-see World Heritage Site, which is known as the “8th wonder of the world” and one of the most memorable stops on your Finn McCools tour.
You will see the Irish landscape at its most iconic: emerald green hills, stunning seascape and the unique stone columns that reach 40 feet into the air and form the Causeway itself. The causeway was created by a volcanic eruption and stretches all the way to Scotland from the shores of Northern Ireland making it one of the top places to see in Ireland.
Putting science to the side, local legend has it that the Causeway was created by an Irish giant - Finn McCool. This giant pulled the earth from the ground to create a pathway for his enemy Benandooner - a rival giant. Outwitted by McCool, Benandonner fled back to Scotland, wrecking the earth as he went.
Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge - This extreme 30m deep, 20m wide chasm is where one can see the best views in the country - though certainly not for the faint hearted!
Its name comes from the Irish, "Carraig a' Raid," meaning "rock of the casting”, and the bridge in its current form was constructed in the year 2000. However, it is believed that rope bridge has been used to reach the island for more than 350 years for fishermen to harvest salmon - in the 70s it consisted of just gaping slats with a handrail!
Please note crossing of the Bridge is optional and not included in the price of the tour.
Dark Hedges - Enjoy a photo stop at the Dark hedges. This amazing location was used in the hit HBO series “Game of thrones” for the scene where Arya Stark escapes. And is an amazing photo opportunity not to be missed.
Dunluce Castle - Dunluce Castle is one of the most beautiful in all of Ireland, and was constructed in the 13th Century by Richard Og de Burgh, 2nd Earl of Ulster.
- The Dublin Whiskey Story by Whiskey Island ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Ireland's Hidden Heartlands Whiskey Trail by Whiskey Island ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Celtic Boyne Valley Day Tour – Irish Day toursThings to see & doDay tours
- Cliffs of Moher – Irish Day ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Your Irish TourThings to see & doDay tours
- Dublin Mini Coaches & Chauffeur Drive - Day ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Cliffs of Moher - Finn McCools ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Adam Ladd ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- MV Little Flower FerryThings to see & doDay tours
- A Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in DublinThings to see & doHiking
- Private Cliffs of Moher Tour with Kennedy & CarrThings to see & doDay tours
- Private Wicklow and Kilkenny Tour with Kennedy & CarrThings to see & doDay tours