Dublin Under Sail
- Hidden gem
- Cloudy days
Dublin Under Sail, departing from Dún Laoghaire Marina, immerses you in the beauty of the Irish capital’s sensational seaside views around Dublin Bay, which is a recognised UNESCO Biosphere.
After a short safety briefing, you will set sail and enjoy a 3 hour sailing experience where you are part of the crew. You will take in some of the hidden beauties of the Bay, like Dalkey Island and Sound, the Bailey Lighthouse, Dún Laoghaire Harbour, Dollymount Strand and Howth Head. You will have the option to climb out onto the bowsprit, which is the netting at the very front of the ship. The itinerary depends on conditions and weather.
Learn how the Irish High King Brian Ború took on the Vikings in the Battle of Clontarf Bay in 1014, as you sail by that very location. The experienced guides are knowledgeable about local history and wildlife and look forward to sharing it with you.
Feel the wind fill the sails and lift the ship during this experience of crewing a genuine traditional sailing ship.
No experience is necessary, just buckets of enthusiasm.
- Things to see & doActivity toursAlternative Dublin City
- Things to see & doCyclingWild N Happy Travel
- Things to see & doActivity toursEscape Boats
- Things to see & doActivity toursGo! Running Tours Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Walking Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursViaggiare in Irlanda
- Things to see & doHikingHidden Howth Experiences
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesFind My Ireland
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianWolfhound Adventure Tours
- Things to see & doActivity toursRun Walk Bike Ireland
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Adventures
- Things to see & doHikingHikingIreland.ie