Situated on the great Baggot Street, Toners is one of Dublin’s oldest and most famous traditional pubs. The interior contributes to a lively and friendly atmosphere.
Established in 1818, Toners Pub is one of Dublin’s oldest and well known pubs and was frequented throughout time by some of Ireland’s literary greats, including Kavanagh and Yeats. It is rumoured that Toners was the only pub the Yeats drank in. Toners Pub is one of the finest examples of the very few Victorian pubs remaining in Ireland. Old stock drawers still remain behind the bar with curio displayed in glass cases. The décor and flagged floor will certainly take you back in time. According to Rory Guinness, a member of the Guinness family, Toners serve “the best pint of Guinness in Dublin”. So it is well worth your time paying Toners a visit.
Toners has a massive beer garden out the back, which is ideal for the summer months (and also the winters as there are plenty of heaters to keep you warm)! Mumford & Sons played out in the beer garden for Arthur’s Day in 2012, which was a great hit! See website for pictures and videos from that event.
There are two great private function rooms in Toners, which are free to hire, so if you have any special occasions coming up, whether it be a birthday party, anniversary or a social corporate event, for more information.
Toners aim is to ensure that your time spent in the pub is memorable and the staff are always on hand to ensure that your stay is a pleasant one. Whether stopping by for a break in the day, or stepping out to meet friends over a couple of pints, you will find a warm welcome in Toners.
Function rooms available for those special nights with capacity up to 150. Rooms are available for parties, club meetings or whatever your occasion.
- Food & drinkBars & pubsThe Brazen Head
- Food & drinkBars & pubsStillgarden Distillery
- Food & drinkBars & pubsRascals Brewing Company
- Food & drinkBars & pubsO'Donoghue's Bar
- Food & drinkRestaurantsDollard Market
- Things to see & doBar & pubsThe Perfect Pint Tour
- Things to see & doBar & pubsComedy at The International
- Food & drinkBars & pubs64 Wine
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBovinity
- Food & drinkRestaurantsThe Ivy Dawson Street
- Food & drinkRestaurantsBotanical @ Dublin One Hotel
- Food & drinkBars & pubsMerry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub