The Royal Dublin Golf Club
- Pre-booking essential
- Cloudy days
Type of course:Links
Number of holes:18
The Royal Dublin Golf Club has been home to many championships, amateur and professional, with the highlights being three memorable Irish Opens staged from 1983 to 1985.
The course is located on Bull Island, a UNESCO nature reserve, accessed by passing over a wooden bridge. The location gives an excellent view of Dublin Bay, only 4.5km from Dublin city centre and a 20 minute drive from Dublin Airport.
In 1920 the course was redesigned by H.S. (Harry) Colt, the world famous golf course architect from Sunningdale. Martin Hawtree modernised the design, resulting in a 7,269-yard, par-72 links of outstanding quality. Each hole presents a particular challenge to the keen golfer, with the 18th hole being a significant test of nerves because of the carry over of the "out of bounds" to the green.
The Royal Dublin Golf Club is widely accepted as one of the greatest links courses in the world.
- Things to see & doGolfLucan Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfStepaside Golf Centre
- Things to see & doGolfBalbriggan Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfSkerries Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfClubs4Hire Ireland
- Things to see & doGolfG Golf Ireland
- Things to see & doGolfGreen Golf Ball
- Things to see & doGolfCurran Golf
- Things to see & doGolfRush Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfFoxrock Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfBalcarrick Golf Club
- Things to see & doGolfHollywood Lakes Golf Club