The Round Tower Clondalkin
- Hidden gem
- Family friendly
- Rainy days
- Free car parking
The visitor centre at The Round Tower Clondalkin provides for the perfect family day out, and brings the story of the Round Tower and the surrounding area to life through an exciting interactive experience. The Round Tower Clondalkin is built on the site of a monastery founded by St Mochua in the 7th century and is one of four remaining round towers in County Dublin.
Both fun and educational, the exhibition can be enjoyed through eight distinctive themed spaces of the refurbished 19th century Mill Cottages. The experience explores the monastic setting, the Viking legacy and the 19th and early 20th century setting of Clondalkin. It also explores the role that round towers performed, both socially and politically in Ireland.
The Round Tower Clondalkin is located close to Corkagh Park, the Grand Canal Greenway and Áras Chrónáin, Irish Cultural Centre. Combine all this together and it adds up to a different heritage experience away from the city centre and close to the natural outdoors of Dublin.
Following the visitor centre a trip to The Round Tower Clondalkin, visit the onsite café East Village, a modern New York style café serving specialty coffee, breakfast, lunch and sweet treats. Dine indoors or outdoors where the scenic café gardens are in full view.
Bus No 13 from Dublin City centre will bring you close to the venue.
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- EPIC The Irish Emigration MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums
- James Joyce MuseumThings to see & doMuseums