EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
- Family friendly
- Rainy days
Don’t just visit Ireland, understand it, with a visit to EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum in Dublin City. You will not find leprechauns or pots of gold here, but you will discover that what it means to be Irish expands far beyond the borders of Ireland through the stories of Irish emigrants who became scientists, politicians, poets, artists and even outlaws all over the world. Discover Ireland from the outside in and find out why saying “I’m Irish” is one of the biggest conversation starters, no matter where you are.
Discover why over 10 million people left this island, where they went and what they brought with them. Uncover stories of adventure, adversity and triumph, as you engage with their personal stories and engage with history in 20 interactive galleries. (Note that many exhibits require reading, so might not be suitable for very young children).
You can learn more about your Irish ancestry through the Irish Family History Centre (IFHC) which is also located at the museum. Here you can access valuable records, speak with a genealogy expert and join the online community of people on a quest to learn about their Irish roots. See the website for the EPIC and IFHC Combo Ticket.
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum is located in The CHQ Building, a beautifully restored 200-year-old Georgian warehouse that stands proudly on the banks of the Liffey and is established as an attractive recreation, retail, food and events hub in Dublin City centre.
If you need refreshment, you have the Urban Brewery and Ely's wine bar in the same CHQ building. Both are excellent for lovers of fine wine, cocktails, special craft beers and lovely food. You can sit outside on sunny days, or eat downstairs in the atmospheric old cellar vaults.
EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum is surrounded by other cultural attractions like the Famine Memorial Sculptures, Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship, The Custom House, Dublin Convention Centre and so much more in the historic Dublin Docklands area.
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- The Round Tower ClondalkinThings to see & doMuseums
- Irish Traditional Music ArchiveThings to see & doMuseums