- Check website for admission prices. Café and Shop are free to visit.
The award winning GPO Museum is a must-see experience on any list of things to do in Dublin. Step inside the walls of the iconic GPO (General Post Office) and witness the events that transformed a nation!
The museum is an immersive and interactive experience telling the story of the 1916 Easter Rising and modern Irish history. Don’t miss the specially created centerpiece film that puts you right in the middle of the action during the Rising as it happened at the GPO and other locations.
Compose newspaper reports, examine and send morse code to declare the Irish Republic and play interactive games.
The GPO was the communications hub of Ireland and headquarters of the men and women who took part in the 1916 Easter Rising. The historic and tumultuous Easter Rising set into motion an unstoppable chain of events which would ultimately lead to the creation of the Irish Republic.
The iconic GPO building is the headquarters of the post office in Ireland as well as being an enduring symbol of freedom and a place of commemoration. The building was originally opened in 1818 and was destroyed during the 1916 Easter Rising, the present enlarged structure re-opened again in 1929.
The Rebel Rising Tour is ideal for those who wish to explore the 1916 Easter Rising and the major events of modern Irish history in more detail.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Jeanie Johnston
- Things to see & doMuseumsMuseum of Literature Ireland
- Things to see & doMuseumsEPIC The Irish Emigration Museum