Royal Hibernian Academy
- Free to visit
- Rainy days
The Royal Hibernian Academy (RHA) is found in Dublin City, a short walk from the National Art Gallery and Merrion Square.
It features five galleries; three on the first floor are dedicated to curated exhibitions of Irish and international art. The Ashford Gallery is situated on the ground floor and facilitates artists who do not have commercial representation in Dublin; it's designed to introduce artists to the collecting public and prove their commercial viability.
The ground floor also features the Dr Tony Ryan Gallery, dedicated to showing private and public collections, including from time to time selections from the RHA Collection.
The RHA has the longest running annual open submission exhibition in the country, showing during June – August every year. With over half the works exhibited and selected through an open submission process, this exhibition offers the chance to view the work by emerging artists, hanging side by side with established artists and RHA members. The majority of work on exhibit is for sale.
Wednesdays: late night opening until 8pm. Coppa Café is worth a stop with its home-made, healthy and Italian- inspired menu.
- Things to see & doGalleriesOriel Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesMART Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe Doorway Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesGormley's Fine Art
- Things to see & doGalleriesGreen Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesHugh Lane Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesPhoto Museum Ireland
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe Molesworth Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesTemple Bar Gallery + Studios
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe LAB Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesSol Art Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesOlivier Cornet Gallery