Donabate Golf Club
- Cloudy days
Type of course:Parkland
Distance:Red 3,030m; yellow 2,833m; blue 2,797m
Number of holes:27
Donabate Golf Club is a mature tree-lined 27-hole parkland course, which was founded in 1925. Nine new holes have opened and all of the original greens have been redesigned. The 27 greens are now sand based and playable all year round. Water hazards also come into play on nine holes. Donabate's three 9-hole courses can be played in any combination.
This is an enjoyable and challenging course for golfers of all abilities and requires good course management skills. Donabate Golf Club opened a new ultra-modern clubhouse in 2003. The two-storey building now has a panoramic views of the course, surrounding area and many holes on the course. Members and visitors enjoy excellent facilities that are second-to-none.
Golfers can prepare for their round on the natural grass practice range. Also available is a chipping green, with 2 bunkers and several types of playing surfaces fairway, first cut, rough and a links type waste area. A putting green is available to work the short game.
Donabate's affiliated tennis club has already won many inter club pennants over its brief history and is always open to new members of all ages.
The Club is a short drive from Dublin Airport. Heading North or South on the M1 motorway take the exit for Donabate. Drive along the R126 to Donabate village; cross over the railway bridge, take the next right turn to the beach front. Drive 750m and the clubhouse is on the left hand side. Donabate Beach nearby is a lovely place for a walk.
- Lucan Golf ClubThings to see & doGolf
- Stepaside Golf CentreThings to see & doGolf
- Balbriggan Golf ClubThings to see & doGolf
- Skerries Golf ClubThings to see & doGolf
- Clubs4Hire IrelandThings to see & doGolf
- G Golf IrelandThings to see & doGolf
- Green Golf BallThings to see & doGolf
- Curran GolfThings to see & doGolf
- Balcarrick Golf ClubThings to see & doGolf
- Hollywood Lakes Golf ClubThings to see & doGolf
- Elmgreen Golf CentreThings to see & doGolf
- The Golf Course at Luttrellstown Castle ResortThings to see & doGolf