Best of Dublin Walking Tour - Pat Liddy Walking Tours
- Family friendly
- Cloudy days
Dublin has so many great places to see, all with their own intriguing stories and history, but it is very difficult to see them all, even over a couple of days.
Discover hidden gems in some lesser-known corners as you wander between all these famous places. The impressive classical Front Square of Ireland’s first university, Trinity College will be your first stopping point to hear of the college’s numerous tales and treasures.
The next stop is at the magnificent 18th century former Houses of Parliament before entering some back streets to reach the splendid City Hall building. Then you will visit the courtyards and garden of the historic Dublin Castle, also the location of the incomparable museum to the written word, the Chester Beatty Galleries.
From here you will walk past some of the ancient City Walls to reach a great vantage point to view Ireland’s largest church, the medieval St Patrick’s Cathedral. The cathedral was the base of renowned author Jonathan Swift until his death in 1745. A short stroll will then take you to the even older Christchurch Cathedral and to Fishamble Street, to hear about its Viking past and view the site of the world’s first performance of Handel’s Messiah.
The final part of the tour will take you past Smock Alley Theatre, Ireland’s oldest theatrical site, and then into Temple Bar, Dublin’s cultural and entertainment quarter.
At the end of the tour your ticket will offer you discounts in The Church Café/ Bar (20% of bar menu), the Abbey Theatre (10 % off Abbey Theatre Productions, Merchandise and Back Stage Tours, and The Wax Museum (10% off).
Pat Liddy’s Walking Tours offers an extensive variety of award-winning walking tours (scheduled or private) through the various historical areas in Dublin by renowned historian Pat Liddy’s team of professional guides. The tours offer a unique and memorable experience and show Dublin's 2,000 year old history that spans from the Celts to the Vikings, from the Normans and early English colonisation, to the struggle for independence right up to the modern day. The very streets are alive with this history. These tours will often bring you to places of interest rarely seen by the average tourist and are consistently rated excellent in reviews.
This tour is also available in the German language, from April - October.
- Dublin Music Trails: The LibertiesThings to see & doCity tours
- Dublin Music Trails: South CityThings to see & doCity tours
- Walks ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Historical Walking Tour Of DublinThings to see & doCity tours
- Dublin en FrançaisThings to see & doCity tours
- The Dubline TrailThings to see & doHiking
- Toots, The Malahide Road TrainThings to see & doCity tours
- Viaggiare in IrlandaThings to see & doCity tours
- Trace your Irish Ancestors and Heritage Tour - LetzGo City ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Guinness, Whiskey and Temple Bar Highlights Tour - LetzGo ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Dublin Literary Pub CrawlThings to see & doCity tours