The UCD Applied Language Centre is located at the centre of University College Dublin, the largest, and one of the oldest universities in Ireland.
University College Dublin is the largest university in Ireland and one of the oldest. With over 150 years of proud tradition, this vibrant and modern university is situated on a spacious and purpose-built green campus in close proximity to Dublin city centre.
The UCD Applied Language Centre has built an excellent reputation for general English language courses, IELTS and Cambridge Examination Preparation courses, and Pre- Sessional (EAP) Programmes. Courses are offered to students who are eighteen years or
The ALC has a fully equipped Self-Access Centre providing course participants with the opportunity for private study using print, audio, video and computer aided resources.
In the afternoons and evenings a full social and cultural programme is organised. Our accommodation arrangements are of exceptionally high quality: modern self-catering apartments on campus (Summer only), or accommodation on a part-board basis with an Irish family living near UCD.
Comprehensive information on how to get to UCD upon arrival in Dublin, and information on getting around Dublin during your stay is provided to students at time of booking in our Pre-Departure Information booklet. Students are also given further information on the various transport options available to them during orientation sessions.
You may also like
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesExperience Gaelic Games
- Things to see & doActivity toursEscape Boats
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesGlencullen Adventure Park
- Things to see & doActivity toursAlternative Dublin City
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doCyclingThe Lazy Bike Tour Company Limited
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesViking Theatre
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursDublin Whiskey Tours