Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Loop trail
- Easy trail
- 40 minutes
An easy forest loop over woodland paths, the pleasant Carrickgollogan Lead Mines Way takes just 40 minutes to complete.
This trail loops anticlockwise around lush Carrickgollogan forest, giving walkers the option of veering north to the disused 19th-century lead mines chimney or south to Carrickgollogan Hill.
The historic lead mines chimney was in use until the 1920s, from this point you’ll embrace views of Dublin City, pretty Dublin Bay and its recognisable coastline.
The viewing rock atop Carrickgollogan Hill boasts more superb views, this time of verdant South Dublin and North Wicklow. The climb to the hill is short and traverses a moderately sloped footpath.
After your loop, nearby Kilternan is the place to stop for that well-earned cup of tea.
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingWalk Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingThe Dubline Trail
- Things to see & doHikingDublin's Talking Statues
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingMountaintrails
- Things to see & doHikingIrish Cycling Safaris
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Adventures
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin