- Easy trail
- Estimated time:
- 40 minutes
Embrace impressive views over Dublin Bay, the city and the coast on this gentle 2km forest loop near Kilternan, County Dublin.
An easy forest loop over woodland paths, the pleasant Carrickgollogan Lead Mines Way takes just 40 minutes to complete.
This trail loops anticlockwise around lush Carrickgollogan forest, giving walkers the option of veering north to the disused 19th-century lead mines chimney or south to Carrickgollogan Hill.
The historic lead mines chimney was in use until the 1920s, from this point you’ll embrace views of Dublin City, pretty Dublin Bay and its recognisable coastline.
The viewing rock atop Carrickgollogan Hill boasts more superb views, this time of verdant South Dublin and North Wicklow. The climb to the hill is short and traverses a moderately sloped footpath.
After your loop, nearby Kilternan is the place to stop for that well-earned cup of tea.
You may also like
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingDonabate Portrane Cliff Walk
- Things to see & doHikingBog of Frogs Trail
- Things to see & doHikingHilltoptreks