Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Loop trail
- Easy trail
- 40 minutes
An easy forest loop over woodland paths, the pleasant Carrickgollogan Lead Mines Way takes just 40 minutes to complete.
This trail loops anticlockwise around lush Carrickgollogan forest, giving walkers the option of veering north to the disused 19th-century lead mines chimney or south to Carrickgollogan Hill.
The historic lead mines chimney was in use until the 1920s, from this point you’ll embrace views of Dublin City, pretty Dublin Bay and its recognisable coastline.
The viewing rock atop Carrickgollogan Hill boasts more superb views, this time of verdant South Dublin and North Wicklow. The climb to the hill is short and traverses a moderately sloped footpath.
After your loop, nearby Kilternan is the place to stop for that well-earned cup of tea.
- Wicklow WayThings to see & doHiking
- Royal Canal WayThings to see & doParks
- Barnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)Things to see & doHiking
- Howth - Black Linn LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Ticknock - Fairy Castle LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Grand Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Cliff Path LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Walk DublinThings to see & doHiking
- The Dubline TrailThings to see & doHiking
- Dublin's Talking StatuesThings to see & doHiking
- Howth AdventuresThings to see & doHiking
- A Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in DublinThings to see & doHiking