Embark on a historic journey which echoes through Dublin City’s maritime past and present. Welcome aboard the Old Liffey Ferry, where the local tour guides bring you on a memorable voyage along the glorious River Liffey.
A welcome awaits you on board the Old Liffey Ferry, with passionate local guides leading visitors along the gateway to Dublin City, through the mighty River Liffey. The historic Old Liffey Ferry was once known as the Dockers Ferry. Travel through the heart of the Dublin Docklands to experience the ambiance of this modern day Dublin port and absorb the rich maritime history.
The MV Cill Airne is located on North Wall Quay. The journey begins at the MV Cill Airne just outside the Convention Centre in the heart of Dublin’s City Docklands, traveling under the Samuel Beckett Bridge, down the river past the Ronnie Drew crane. The MV Cill Airne enjoys the prestige of being one of the last riveted ships made in Europe, built in the Liffey Dockyard in the 1960s. Enjoy pleasant views of the waterfront along the River Liffey and the illustrious Dublin Docklands.
Hear fascinating tales of tall ships, historical families, pirates and treasure filled ships. Venture past the maritime village of Ringsend and discover a wealth of local wildlife including one of Europe's largest Arctic tern colonies.
You may also like
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Literary Pub Crawl
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Discovered Boat Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursBest of Dublin Walking Tour - Pat Liddy Walking Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursDalton’s Musical History Tour
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursVintage Tea Trips
- Things to see & doCity toursHop On Hop Off Tour - Big Bus Tours Dublin
- Things to see & doCity toursTrace your Irish Ancestors and Heritage Tour - LetzGo City Tours
- Things to see & doHikingYellow Umbrella Tours Ltd