The Horseshoe Bar at The Shelbourne Hotel
Long acknowledged as one of Dublin's number one meeting place, The Horseshoe Bar at The Shelbourne Hotel has seen it all down through the years. The bar's name derives from the shape of its counter, that of a horseshoe, although some think it is through a long association with the racing and hunting set who often sat around the bar counter discussing the form and guessing the odds.
Atmospheric and wholly distinctive, The Horseshoe Bar has always been a meeting point for politicians and journalists, sportsmen and movie stars, visiting dignitaries and local personalities. Its original 1957 Sam Stephenson design is handsome and evocative, with Hogarth prints, white counter top and shining brass, and if its rich red walls could talk they would have some fascinating stories to tell.
The Horseshoe Bar at The Shelbourne Hotel offers private whiskey tasting with a large selection of fine Irish whiskeys, both contemporary and classic. Horseshoe Bar whiskey tasting flights give guests the opportunity to trial and be guided through a trio of Irish whiskeys, led by one of the Horseshoe Bar’s team of knowledgeable bartenders.
An Irish institution with class, character and distinction, to experience the unique ‘craic’ in the Horseshoe Bar is to get a true flavour of Irish life.
Here, memorable nights and perfect get-togethers seem to come naturally. The perfect choice for a Dublin City centre bar.
- The Brazen HeadFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Giddy DolphinFood & drinkRestaurants
- Farrier and DraperFood & drinkRestaurants
- Rustic StoneFood & drinkRestaurants
- Stella Cocktail ClubFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Irish Dance PartyThings to see & doBar & pubs
- J.R. Mahon'sFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The OarsmanFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Twist of IrishThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Comedy at The InternationalThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Nancy Hands Bar & RestaurantFood & drinkRestaurants