- Free to visit
- Cloudy days
Visit Poolbeg Lighthouse on the Great South Wall. Blow away the cobwebs with a short 4km loop walk starting at the Great South Wall car park. For a longer two-hour ramble, begin your walk at Sandymount Strand.
Follow the coast and head to the iconic Dublin landmark, taking in scenic views. The vibrant Poolbeg Lighthouse mural adds a splash of colour to the grey walls.
This is a popular route for birdwatchers as cormorants, herons and gulls call the area home. Stroll to the bright red lighthouse as the sun sets, the evening light reflecting off the still water is magical. Or start your walk early and watch passenger ferries leave for the day’s first sailing from Dublin Port.
- Wicklow WayThings to see & doHiking
- Royal Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- The Dubline TrailThings to see & doHiking
- Dublin's Talking StatuesThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Black Linn LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Grand Canal WayThings to see & doHiking
- Howth - Cliff Path LoopThings to see & doHiking
- Walk DublinThings to see & doHiking
- Barnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)Things to see & doHiking
- Carrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)Things to see & doHiking
- Ticknock - Fairy Castle LoopThings to see & doHiking
- HilltoptreksThings to see & doHiking