- Free to visit
- Cloudy days
Visit Poolbeg Lighthouse on the Great South Wall. Blow away the cobwebs with a short 4km loop walk starting at the Great South Wall car park. For a longer two-hour ramble, begin your walk at Sandymount Strand.
Follow the coast and head to the iconic Dublin landmark, taking in scenic views. The vibrant Poolbeg Lighthouse mural adds a splash of colour to the grey walls.
This is a popular route for birdwatchers as cormorants, herons and gulls call the area home. Stroll to the bright red lighthouse as the sun sets, the evening light reflecting off the still water is magical. Or start your walk early and watch passenger ferries leave for the day’s first sailing from Dublin Port.
- Things to see & doHikingDublin Music Trails: South City
- Things to see & doHikingDublin Music Trails: The Liberties
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Adventures
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Walking Tours
- Things to see & doHikingDonabate Portrane Cliff Walk