Things to see & doGalleriesGerard Byrne Studio, Art Gallery & Artist Studio
- Free to visit
- Rainy days
The oldest independent gallery in Ireland, the Oriel Gallery was established in Dublin City at a time when Irish art was all but virtually discounted.
Founded in 1968 by Oliver Nulty, the Oriel Gallery set out to exhibit, promote and sell Irish paintings. The Oriel is located at 17 Clare Street, Dublin City, in a large Georgian house which resides beside the National Gallery.
The Oriel has mounted many solo and group exhibitions over the years, featuring pieces by various Irish artists. It contains a permanent collection of 20th century Irish landscapes.
A niche is reserved for contemporary and abstract paintings by such artists as George Campbell, Colin Middleton, Gerard Dillon, Gretta O'Brien and Louis le Brocquy.
You may also like
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe Copper House Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesRUA RED South Dublin Arts Centre
- Things to see & doGalleriesOlivier Cornet Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesSol Art Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe LAB Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesTemple Bar Gallery + Studios
- Things to see & doGalleriesThe Molesworth Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesPhoto Museum Ireland
- Things to see & doGalleriesHugh Lane Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesGreen Gallery
- Things to see & doGalleriesGormley's Fine Art