It Took a Century: Women Artists and the RHA
- Family friendly
- Free to visit
Friday, 7 July 2023 - Sunday, 22 October 2023
About this event
It took a century to elect the first woman artist.
It took another century to elect the first woman President.
It took a century to achieve equitable representation in the membership.
This National Gallery of Ireland/Royal Hibernian Academy collaboration showcases women’s membership of the RHA.
The constituent works are drawn almost exclusively from the collections of the National Gallery of Ireland and the Royal Hibernian Academy. Exceptions to this are the small number of artists not represented in either collection. Examples of the work of this group of artists are on loan from public collections in Ireland or are new works.
An exhibition organised by the National Gallery of Ireland and The Royal Hibernian Academy of Arts.
- The Copper House GalleryThings to see & doGalleries
- Seamus Heaney: Listen Now AgainThings to see & doLiterary Dublin
- Irish Traditional Music ArchiveThings to see & doMuseums
- Zoological MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Ardgillan Castle and GardensThings to see & doCastles
- Hang Tough ContemporaryThings to see & doGalleries
- Influence and Identity: Twentieth Century Portrait Photography from the Bank of America CollectionFestivals & eventsArt Exhibitions
Fri, 26 May - Sun, 8 Oct
Irish Museum of Modern Art
- Oscar WildeThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Drop-in Drawing with Roxana ManouchehriFestivals & eventsArt Exhibitions
Sun, 10 Sep - Sun, 1 Oct
- ShelterFestivals & eventsArt Exhibitions
Sat, 8 Jul - Sun, 12 Nov
National Gallery of Ireland
- Dublin Book FestivalFestivals & eventsFestivals
Wed, 8 Nov - Sun, 12 Nov
The Printworks, Dublin Castle
- Artist-Initiated Projects 2023Festivals & eventsArt Exhibitions
Thu, 23 Mar - Sat, 18 Nov