Howth Walking Tours
- Cloudy days
Along this walk you will experience tales of folklore, myth and legend. You will hear of kings, queens, scholars and poets, as well as a story or two of rock ‘n’ roll giants.
The tour takes you along Howth’s fishing port, leading to the cliffs which have views of the north east coast. Ireland's Eye, Lambay and the Mourne Mountains are all visible. Then it follows the cliffs around to the south east where there are views of Bailey Lighthouse and the Wicklow Mountains.
Descending from the summit the walk follows the old tram line into the village of Howth. There the guide can direct you to some local options for fresh seafood.
The walking tour will take approximately two and a half to three hours. The tour starts at 11:00 directly opposite Howth Market, a short distance from Howth DART Station.
If travelling from Dublin City Centre you can reach Howth in under 30 minutes on the DART from Connolly Station, Tara Street Station or Pearse Street Station.
Howth Walking Tours also offer tours of Ireland’s Ancient East, Ireland's Hidden Heartlands and a cultural tour of Dublin City pubs.
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingWalk Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingThe Dubline Trail
- Things to see & doHikingDublin's Talking Statues
- Things to see & doHikingBarnaslingan - Scalp Lookout Trail (Red)
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doHikingHowth Adventures
- Things to see & doHikingIrish Cycling Safaris