Early Access Book of Kells & Dublin Castle Tour - LetzGo City Tours
Described in the Annals of Ulster in 1007 as 'the most precious object in the western world', the cultural and historical value of the Book of Kells has only increased in the millennium since - this exquisite work of art has stood for 1,200 years as the greatest example of medieval illumination. This tour starts by delving into its rich ornamentation and explores its dense symbolism and meaning and its merit as an artistic masterpiece.
Continue on this fascinating fully guided tour to Dublin Castle, the heart of historic Dublin. Originally built in the 13th century on a site previously settled by the Vikings it functioned as a military fortress, a prison, treasury, courts of law and the seat of English Administration in Ireland for 700 years. Rebuilt in the 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th centuries, Dublin Castle awaits to enthrall all who enter her gates. On this fully guided exterior tour, visit the gardens, see the original Record and Octagonal Towers, the Upper and Lower State Yards and their architectural highlights. Led by an engaging guide who will unveil incredible secrets including tales of intrigue and mystery, this tour is a must do for anyone interested in the history of Ireland.
Tour Highlights include:
Beat the Crowds - Early Access to the Treasury to view the incredible Book of Kells and the Old Library.
Admission to the Treasury to view the Book of Kells, entrance to the exhibition ‘Turning Darkness into Light and a fully guided visit to the Old Library of Trinity College.
Fully guided visit of 13th century Dublin Castle exterior and gardens.
Guests will also visit Ireland’s only official Statue of Molly Molone (Dublin’s mascot), The Victorian 18th century Georges Street Arcade (one of the oldest shopping centers in Europe) as well as the stunning Georgian architectural masterpiece The Powerscourt Townhouse Centre.
Departs Saturday 09:15 | Sunday 11:45
- Dublin Music Trails: The LibertiesThings to see & doCity tours
- Walks ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Dublin Music Trails: South CityThings to see & doCity tours
- The Dubline TrailThings to see & doHiking
- Dublin's Talking StatuesThings to see & doHiking
- Hop On Hop Off Tour - Big Bus Tours DublinThings to see & doCity tours
- DoDublin Ghostbus Kids TourThings to see & doCity tours
- Hop On Hop Off Tour by DoDublin ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Ghostbus Tour by DoDublin ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Artful ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- In Our Shoes Walking ToursThings to see & doCity tours
- Solve A MysteryThings to see & doCity tours