Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society provides the community with heritage information on the area. It offers a partial service for enquirers seeking information on their ancestors from south County Dublin. Typically an initial enquiry receives a reply within two weeks.
To date the Centre has computerised over 145,000 and the main records include:
Roman Catholic records, the earliest of which date from 1755
Church of Ireland records (Anglican/Episcopalian) commence in 1694
Presbyterian records date from 1843.
The Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society has also computerised the pre-1900 gravestone inscriptions at the extensive Deansgrange Cemetery (from 1868) and St. Begnet's Cemetery in Dalkey.
The centre is located in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Things to see & doHistoric Barracks & jailsKilmainham Gaol
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- Things to see & doBreweries & distilleriesThe Dublin Liberties Distillery
- Things to see & doMuseumsChester Beatty
- Things to see & doMuseumsCroke Park Stadium
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre
- Things to see & doAdventure activitiesGlencullen Adventure Park
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursWalking Food Tours - Dublin
- Things to see & doShopsSilver Works