Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin aims to create a genealogical database for the region of Dun Laoghaire Rathdown. The society also aims to promote and to encourage visitors to explore the Dun Laoghaire area.
Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society provides the community with heritage information on the area. It offers a partial service for enquirers seeking information on their ancestors from south County Dublin. Typically an initial enquiry receives a reply within two weeks.
To date the Centre has computerised over 145,000 and the main records include:
Roman Catholic records, the earliest of which date from 1755
Church of Ireland records (Anglican/Episcopalian) commence in 1694
Presbyterian records date from 1843.
The Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Heritage Society has also computerised the pre-1900 gravestone inscriptions at the extensive Deansgrange Cemetery (from 1868) and St. Begnet's Cemetery in Dalkey.
The centre is located in Dun Laoghaire, County Dublin.
You may also like
- Things to see & doHikingCarrickgollogan - Lead Mines Way - (Orange)
- Things to see & doHikingBlack Linn Loop
- Things to see & doHikingCliff Path Loop
- Things to see & doHikingThe Grand Canal Way
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doLibrariesThe Irish Architectural Archive
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom