The Celtic Tour along Ireland’s Ancient East brings you to Boyne Valley situated in County Meath, from where the high kings of Ireland ruled. Visit the Neolithic tombs of Loughcrew, Hill of Tara, Hill Of Uishneach, Fore Abbey and Trim Castle.
The Hill of Uisneach is the spiritual centre of Ireland and arguably one of our most important ancient sites. The point at which the five provinces of Ireland met and where their kings would celebrate the ‘festival of the fires'.
Next to Loughcrew, the site of multiple passage tombs from the Neolithic age and over 5000 years old. Get up close and personal to pre-history in these cairns with still intact rock art decorating the inside walls built more than 500 years before the first pyramids.
Trim castle is the best preserved example of Anglo-Norman castles in Ireland. It offers insight into the lives and traditions of the people from the middle ages.
You will travel to the Hill of Tara, which is best known for having been the royal residence of the ancient high kings that ruled Ireland in Celtic times and beyond. It is said that a quarter of Ireland’s landscape can be seen from this hill. Take in this spectacular vista before heading back to the capital.
For non-English speaking visitors a multilingual app is available to be downloaded from the app store at the link provided at the website.
You may also like
- Things to see & doDay toursTitanic and Belfast Day Tour – Irish Day Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursTouristy Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursWanderlust Irland - Cliffs of Moher Tour from Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursWanderlust Irland - Galway & Connemara Tour from Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursWanderlust Irland - Giant’s Causeway Tour From Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursWanderlust Irland - Wicklow, Kilkenny & Glendalough Tour from Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursWicklow County & Glendalough Tour
- Things to see & doDay toursWicklow Day Tour - Irish Day Tours