Blarney Castle and Cork Day tour – Irish Day Tours
Blarney Castle, built by the McCarthy clan over 600 years ago, still retains its old world charm with its towers, battlements and gated entrance built on a rocky outcrop.
Kiss the Blarney stone, situated on the parapets of the castle, to gain the gift of eloquence, that is the ability to persuade people and being able to talk yourself out of trouble. Discovery Travel Channel lists kissing the Blarney Stone amongst its 99 things to do before you die.
Rock close is a magical garden filled with enchanting druidic rock formations, water features and exotic plants. The grand Scottish baronial style Blarney House reflects a bygone era of wealth and statesmanship.
The Rock of Cashel is a multi-period monastic site, which was a fortress before it became the seat of the bishop of the diocese of Cashel, and venue where the historical Synod of Cashel was held. Visit the Great Cathedral, the Hall of Vicars Choral, Cormack's Chapel (with one of Ireland's best preserved Irish frescoes and Romanesque architecture) and a round tower, all perched on a solid rock ringed by a curtain wall- most of it dating back from before the Cambro-Norman conquerors came to Ireland in the late 12th century.
Cahair Castle was once the stronghold of the powerful Butler family, the castle retains its impressive keep, tower and much of its original defensive structure. It is one of Ireland's largest and best preserved castles. It is situated on a rocky island on the River Suir.
For non English speaking visitors a multilingual app is available to be downloaded from the app store at the link provided on the website.
- Things to see & doHikingYellow Umbrella Tours Ltd
- Things to see & doDay toursWild Wicklow Tours
- Things to see & doHikingA Spasso A Dublino - Italian Tour in Dublin
- Things to see & doDay toursCS Tours Ireland
- Things to see & doDay toursKilkenny City & Wicklow Mountains - Wild Rover Tours
- Things to see & doDay toursNewgrange & Boyne Valley - Day Tours Unplugged
- Things to see & doDay toursConnemara & The Wild Atlantic Way Tour - Railtours Ireland First Class!
- Things to see & doDay toursThe Ring of Kerry Tour - Railtours Ireland First Class!