The Stag's Head
The Stags Head dates back a few centuries, but was rebuilt in 1895 by the architect, A.J McLoughlin. A veritable shrine to the art of drink, McLoughlin designed the bar with stag themed stained glass windows, mirrors, wood panelling and of course a large stag's head over the bar. This lavishly re-designed Victorian bar was an instant success with Dublin punters in the 1890s and was even frequented by a young James Joyce.
The Stag's Head ambience of elegant, old Dublin has seen the bar used in movies such as Educating Rita and The Treaty and a recent advertising campaign for Guinness. The Stags Head is a historical Dublin pub featured in Dublin pub tours renowned for its hospitality and famous pint of Guinness!
You truly capture a sense of the hidden Ireland when you accidentally stumble upon The Stag’s Head. Finding it is akin to discovering a rare treasure as it is concealed through a narrow passageway off Dame Street, although access can also be gained through Exchequer Street or Georges Street. It is close to the Grafton street shopping district, the museum district, Dublin City Hall and Trinity College.
- Food & drinkBar & PubsElephant & Castle Rathmines
- Food & drinkBar & PubsBar Rua
- Food & drinkBar & PubsCHQ Dublin
- Food & drinkBar & PubsMerry Ploughboy Irish Music Pub
- Food & drinkBar & PubsBotanical @ Dublin One Hotel
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Ivy Dawson Street
- Food & drinkBar & PubsBovinity
- Food & drinkBar & Pubs64 Wine
- Food & drinkBar & PubsDollard Market
- Food & drinkBar & PubsRascals Brewing Company
- Food & drinkBar & PubsStillgarden Distillery
- Food & drinkBar & PubsThe Brazen Head