The Old Stand
The Old Stand, one of Dublin's most
popular and well-known hostelries, is a traditional, family-owned Pub. It has a long-established and loyal clientele and extends a warm welcome to all visitors in search of the true Dublin Pub atmosphere and experience.
The name itself derives from the game of rugby, or, more precisely, from a now-demolished rugby stand at the former Lansdowne Road Rugby Stadium (now the Aviva Stadium).
No surprise, therefore, to learn this Pub is particularly popular with rugby supporters and enthusiasts, adding to the atmosphere and ambience of this convivial pub, especially on big-match days.
The Old Stand food is a byword for quality and consistency in this busy commercial area, enduringly popular with both locals and tourists. Well-known and frequented for their signature homecooked hot lunch dishes, and excellent fish salads. The all-day menu choices include sirloin steak, gammon steak, fish of the day, cold meat and fish plates and salads. Freshly cut sandwiches and seafood platters are also available, in addition to special dishes of the day.
Excellent beverages and a meticulously sourced wine list has ensured this hostelry remains the place of choice for those who appreciate a good pint and fine wines.
Awarded a 'Great Places to Eat' 2013 accolade by the well-known and respected food critic, Lucinda O'Sullivan in addition to many other food and drink awards.
- The Perfect Pint TourThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Dollard MarketFood & drinkRestaurants
- Stillgarden DistilleryFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Button FactoryThings to see & doTheatre & events venues
- Wrights Findlater HowthFood & drinkRestaurants
- Celtic Nights Dinner & ShowFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Irish House Party - Dinner & ShowFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Brazen HeadFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Giddy DolphinFood & drinkRestaurants
- O'Donoghue's BarFood & drinkBars & pubs
- Farrier and DraperFood & drinkRestaurants
- Rustic StoneFood & drinkRestaurants