The Old Stand
The Old Stand, one of Dublin's most
popular and well known hostelries, is a traditional, family owned pub. It has a long established and loyal clientele and extends a warm welcome to all visitors in search of the true Dublin pub atmosphere and experience.
The name itself derives from the game of rugby, or, more precisely, from a now demolished rugby stand at the former Lansdowne Road rugby stadium, now the Aviva Stadium.
The Old Stand is particularly popular with rugby supporters and enthusiasts, adding to the atmosphere and ambience of this convivial pub, especially on big match days.
Food at The Old Stand is a by-word for quality and consistency in this busy commercial area, enduringly popular with both locals and visitors for their signature homecooked hot lunch dishes, and excellent fish salads. The all day menu choices include sirloin steak, gammon steak, fish of the day, cold meat and fish plates and salads.
Excellent beverages and a meticulously sourced wine list has ensured this hostelry remains the place of choice for those who appreciate a good pint and fine wines.
- Nancy Hands Bar & RestaurantFood & drinkRestaurants
- Comedy at The InternationalThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Twist of IrishThings to see & doBar & pubs
- The OarsmanFood & drinkBars & pubs
- J.R. Mahon'sFood & drinkBars & pubs
- The Irish Dance PartyThings to see & doBar & pubs
- Stella Cocktail ClubFood & drinkRestaurants
- Rustic StoneFood & drinkRestaurants
- Farrier and DraperFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Giddy DolphinFood & drinkRestaurants
- The Brazen HeadFood & drinkBars & pubs