Visit The Little Museum of Dublin on St Stephen’s Green, in the heart of Dublin City. It is one of the city’s most charming and loved museums telling the fascinating story of Dublin. Experience the warmth of a real Irish welcome in a magnificent Georgian townhouse.
Hear interesting facts and stories in the company of friendly experts at The Little Museum of Dublin on St Stephen’s Green, in Dublin City. From the visit of Queen Victoria to the global worldwide success of Irish rock band U2, this quirky and intimate museum is bursting with amazing things to discover. The museum’s collection was created by public donation and is an eclectic mix of objects you will not find anywhere else.
You will meet some remarkable characters on one of their daily guided tours, from James Joyce to John F. Kennedy. The museum tours are given throughout the day, however most of the tours can sell out very quickly and it is advised to pre-book online where possible.
Take one of their bespoke guided tours and explore outside of the museum walls like, the 'Women's History of Ireland Tour' celebrating the role of women in Irish history. 'The Green Mile Tour' is an insightful walking tour around the beautiful St Stephen's Green. 'The Writers of Dublin Walking Tour' is where you meet and hear the writer's stories or book the 'Tour in French' and enjoy a very personal tour with the museum's director Trevor White.
The whole family will enjoy ‘The Big Little Treasure Hunt’, a great source of outdoor entertainment without leaving St Stephen’s Green. A fun filled adventure through time and space around Dublin’s Georgian square.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Jeanie Johnston
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doMuseumsChester Beatty