Phil Lynott was well known among Dubliners but with the unveiling of this statue it is clear that his and Thin Lizzy's music stretched far and wide. The statue is sought out by many visitors.
Phil Lynott is best known as the frontman for the very successful Rock band Thin Lizzy. Phil's short life has been immortalised by this fabulous life-sized statue placed outside the famous Bruxelles Rock Pub on Harry Street, just off Grafton Street. Many rock and music fans from home and from abroad have gathered outside the venue for a selfie and to pay tribute to one of Dublin's greatest music heroes. This area has always been associated with Phil Lynott, who frequented the Grafton Street area, walking around and dancing with the Dublin’s flower sellers along the street.
You may also like
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsGarden of Remembrance
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsDaniel O'Connell Monument
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsJames Joyce
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsJonathan Swift
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsMolly Malone
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsPatrick Kavanagh
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsFamine Memorial