Merrion Square Open Air Art Gallery
- Cloudy days
Merrion Square is one of Dublin’s largest and grandest Georgian squares. Each Sunday, the Merrion Square Open Air Art Gallery, Dublin City's only free year-round outdoor art exhibition takes place between 10am and 5pm. Over 200 artists show and sell their work. You will find them with their art hanging on the railings that enclose the Square. Most of the artists exhibiting on Merrion Square are full time professionals with a variety of genres on display from traditional to more contemporary and individual styles. Merrion Square Open Air Art Gallery affords a weekly opportunity for artists to socialize, network and to gain from visitors, patrons and colleagues, both encouragement and critique.
Dublin City Council runs the exhibition and the artists are only licenced to exhibit original paintings of their own creation, so you get to buy art directly from the artist. No commission is included in the price of the paintings so you will discover that prices are quite reasonable. Every year new artists are allowed to exhibit, so the art keeps changing.
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursDublin Food Co-op Organic Food Market
- Things to see & doShopsAvoca Suffolk Street
- Things to see & doShopping centresBloomfields Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopsCeltic Tweed
- Things to see & doShopsCourtville Antiques
- Things to see & doShopping centresDun Laoghaire Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopping centresDundrum Town Centre
- Things to see & doShopsJohn Farrington Antiques
- Things to see & doShopping centresJervis Shopping Centre
- Things to see & doShopsJ W Weldon
- Food & drinkCafésHouse of Read Fine Foods & Tableware
- Things to see & doShopsGuinness Gallery