Giants Causeway Day Tour – Irish Day Tours
You depart from Dublin heading north. There will be a comfort break on the way before proceeding into the Northern Irish countryside.
The first stop is a visit and crossing of Carrick-a-Rede rope-bridge which connects a 23m deep and 20m wide chasm between the mainland and a small island that has been used over the years by fishermen to place netting to capture migrating salmon. Following a 20 minute scenic cliff walk, you can traverse the bridge to the island with its abundance of bird life and to enjoy the coastal views from a different vantage point.
After lunch it is time for The Giants Causeway which is the highlight of the trip. This UNESCO World Heritage site consists of a series of over 40,000 hexagonal shaped rocks that looks like a grand set of stairs leading into the sea, the formation of which has been astounding generations. These awe-inspiring stones have resulted in inspiring many a myth and stories surrounding their origin, some of which your guide will be happy tell you.
After the Giants Causeway the journey continues to the capital of Northern Ireland, Belfast, with its many landmarks. In Belfast you can take free time to explore the city centre including City Hall, the Opera House and the Crown pub, or take the opportunity to do a political taxi tour of West Belfast where you will visit the peace wall and many of the locations associated with the troubles in Northern Ireland. This taxi tour can be organised by the guide.
Finally, you will arrive back in Dublin at around dinner time to reminisce about your northern adventure.
For non English speaking visitors a multilingual app is available to be downloaded from the app store at the link provided on the website.
- Wanderlust Irland - Giant’s Causeway Tour From DublinThings to see & doDay tours
- Wanderlust Irland - Galway & Connemara Tour from DublinThings to see & doDay tours
- Wanderlust Irland - Cliffs of Moher Tour from DublinThings to see & doDay tours
- Titanic and Belfast Day Tour – Irish Day ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Newgrange and Hill of Tara Tour - Mary GibbonsThings to see & doDay tours
- Private Giants Causeway Day Tour with Kennedy & CarrThings to see & doDay tours
- Rural Pub ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- Sights of Dublin Day ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- The West Coast Explorer - Rabbie's Small Group ToursThings to see & doDay tours
- The Wicklow Tour - HilltoptreksThings to see & doDay tours
- Aran Islands Tour - Railtours Ireland First Class!Things to see & doDay tours
- Titanic and Belfast City Tour - Railtours Ireland First Class!Things to see & doDay tours