The Genealogy Service at the National Library on Kildare St, Dublin has helpful resources, knowledgeable staff and a selection of information leaflets to guide you on your family history research journey.
The National Library of Ireland is a great place to begin discovering your family history. They recommend that you read their information booklet "Family History Research: Sources at the NLI", then visit their Genealogy Advisory Service which offers free advice and resources for tracing your family. They have a number of searchable databases on computer and microfilm.
You will find a free guide to Tracing your Irish Ancestors at various locations, including Discover Ireland Centres/Tourist Information Centres. This has a lot of good tips on where to look in Dublin and online. The National Archives on Bishop St, Dublin and the Epic Emigration Museum's Irish Family History Centre also provide research help.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doBreweries & distilleriesThe Dublin Liberties Distillery
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doChurches & religious sitesNewman University Church, Our Lady Seat of Wisdom
- Things to see & doHorse & equestrianThe Paddocks Riding Centre