Things to see & doGalleriesNational Gallery of Ireland
Genealogy Service National Library of Ireland
The National Library of Ireland is a great place to begin discovering your family history. They recommend that you read their information booklet "Family History Research: Sources at the NLI", then visit their Genealogy Advisory Service which offers free advice and resources for tracing your family. They have a number of searchable databases on computer and microfilm.
You will find a free guide to Tracing your Irish Ancestors at various locations, including Discover Ireland Centres/Tourist Information Centres. This has a lot of good tips on where to look in Dublin and online. The National Archives on Bishop St, Dublin and the Epic Emigration Museum's Irish Family History Centre also provide research help.
You may also like
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsCroke Park Stadium
- Things to see & doMuseumsEPIC The Irish Emigration Museum
- Things to see & doMuseumsChester Beatty
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Archaeology
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doHikingDublin's Talking Statues
- Things to see & doDay toursPaddywagon Tours
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Music Trails: South City
- Things to see & doCity toursDublin Music Trails: The Liberties