Farmleigh House and Estate
- Rainy days
Farmleigh House is situated in the northwest corner of Phoenix Park and is adjacent to the Chapelizod and Castleknock areas of Dublin. It covers an area of 79 acres and contains many beautiful features, including the main house, which has a fine examples of Georgian and Victorian architecture, the sunken garden, the walled garden, the famous clock tower and the lake.
Farmleigh House provides premier accommodation and facilities to visiting dignitaries and officially sponsored national and international meetings of importance. Public access to Farmleigh House is facilitated as much as possible, with public tours available.
The Farmleigh Gallery supplements the large art collection in Farmleigh House itself. The Cow Shed theatre is on site and regular food and craft markets are held behind the Gallery on the first Sunday of the month from Easter to December. Community and cultural events are held during the summer months. Christmas is another time when you'll find seasonal events.
The Boathouse Restaurant, set alongside the ornamental lake, offers an ideal environment to sample a light fare of Irish and Italian cuisine.
The ground floor of the house is fully accessible by wheelchair users. Groups need to book tours about a month in advance to avoid disappointment.
Join one of their knowledgeable guides for a tour of Farmleigh House that takes you from the 18th century, when building commenced, right up to the present day.
- Newbridge House & FarmThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Lambay IslandThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Ardgillan Castle and GardensThings to see & doCastles
- Oscar Wilde HouseThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Irish Georgian SocietyThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Kings InnsThings to see & doHistoric houses
- Beauty and The BeastFestivals & eventsLive music & gigs
Sun, 14 Jul
Newbridge House & Farm
- Áras an UachtaráinThings to see & doHistoric houses