- Family friendly
- Free car parking
- Free to visit
Casino Marino is a remarkable building, both in terms of structure and history. Sir William Chambers designed it as a pleasure house for James Caulfeild, 1st Earl of Charlemont, beside his residence in what was then the countryside. It is a gem of 18th century Neoclassical architecture. In fact, it is one of the finest buildings of that style in Europe.
The edifice reminds one of a temple, with exquisitely carved stonework and sculpture on each of its four distinct facades. Inside, the viewer marvels at the imaginative use of space and architectural tricks defying logic.
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doHistoric housesFarmleigh House
- Things to see & doHistoric housesNewbridge House & Farm
- Things to see & doHistoric housesOscar Wilde House
- Things to see & doHistoric housesIrish Georgian Society
- Things to see & doHistoric housesÁras an Uachtaráin
- Things to see & doHistoric housesKings Inns