- The daily guided tour is included in the price.
Dublinia, located at the crossroads of the Medieval city at Christchurch in Dublin, brings history to life in an exciting way for all to engage, learn and share. Explore Viking Dublin's lifestyle, talk to the living history guides and experience the sights and sounds of Medieval Dublin. Learn about archaeology methods and climb St. Michael's Tower for great views of the city.
Welcome to Dublinia, the heart of Viking and Medieval Dublin.
Travel back to the city in Viking times. Discover what life was like on board a Viking warship, see the weaponry and learn the skills of being a Viking warrior. Try on Viking clothes, become a slave and stroll down a noisy street. Visit a smoky and cramped Viking house and learn about the myths and mysteries surrounding the Vikings and their legacy.
Step into Medieval Dublin. Witness the sights, sounds and smells of the busy city. Learn about crime and punishment, death and disease and even toothache remedies of 700 years ago. Enjoy the spicy aromas and so much more in the medieval fair, learn to play medieval games, visit a rich merchant’s kitchen and walk along a bustling medieval street.
Find out about Dublin’s rich past. Discover how we are influenced by the Viking and Medieval era. See artefacts found in Dublin on permanent loan from the National Museum of Ireland, including those from the famous Wood Quay excavations. Take a flying visit over the Medieval city and immersive yourself in a spectacular audio-visual experience, a story of one man’s life growing up in Medieval Dublin.
Finish by climbing the original Medieval tower, 96 steps to the top with spectacular views of the city. See Dublin from a new perspective and come away knowing more about its citizens through the ages!
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsMuseum of Literature Ireland
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Jeanie Johnston
- Things to see & doStatues & monumentsExperience Glasnevin: Ireland's National Cemetery
- Things to see & doMuseumsGPO Museum
- Things to see & doPublic buildingsTrinity College
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland - Natural History
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin