- Family friendly
- Rainy days
Welcome to Dublinia, the heart of Viking and Medieval Dublin.
Travel back to the city in Viking times. Discover what life was like on board a Viking warship, see the weaponry and learn the skills of being a Viking warrior. Try on Viking clothes, become a slave and stroll down a noisy street. Visit a smoky and cramped Viking house and learn about the myths and mysteries surrounding the Vikings and their legacy.
Step into Medieval Dublin. Witness the sights, sounds and smells of the busy city. Learn about crime and punishment, death and disease and even toothache remedies of 700 years ago. Enjoy the spicy aromas and so much more in the medieval fair, learn to play medieval games, visit a rich merchant’s kitchen and walk along a bustling medieval street.
Find out about Dublin’s rich past. Discover how we are influenced by the Viking and Medieval era. See artefacts found in Dublin on permanent loan from the National Museum of Ireland, including those from the famous Wood Quay excavations. Take a flying visit over the Medieval city and immersive yourself in a spectacular audio-visual experience, a story of one man’s life growing up in Medieval Dublin.
Finish by climbing the original Medieval tower, 96 steps to the top with spectacular views of the city. See Dublin from a new perspective and come away knowing more about its citizens through the ages!
- The Round Tower ClondalkinThings to see & doMuseums
- Experience Glasnevin: Ireland's National CemeteryThings to see & doStatues & monuments
- Trinity CollegeThings to see & doPublic buildings
- GPO MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - Natural HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Croke Park StadiumThings to see & doMuseums
- EPIC The Irish Emigration MuseumThings to see & doMuseums
- Museum of Literature IrelandThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland - ArchaeologyThings to see & doMuseums
- National Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & HistoryThings to see & doMuseums
- Chester BeattyThings to see & doMuseums
- The Jeanie JohnstonThings to see & doMuseums