- Cash only for tours of the castle. The gardens are free to visit, but a donation is much appreciated.
Drimnagh Castle, South County Dublin, is one of the oldest continually inhabited castles in Ireland. It is the only Irish castle still surrounded by a flooded moat and is a fine example of an old Norman feudal fortress.
Tours of Drimnagh Castle, South County Dublin, allow you to explore the authentically restored Great Hall with its 17th century fireplace, the Medieval undercroft, the tall battlement tower, lookout posts and more.
A popular feature is the beautiful garden, designed in a formal 17th century symmetrical layout to supply herbs and medicinal plants to the household.
The Castle is full of mystery and stories of the Barnewall family and has been a filming location for the Tudors TV program and films.
Tours are offered to the public all day Mondays to Thursdays and Friday mornings.
You may also like
- Things to see & doCastlesDalkey Castle & Heritage Centre
- Things to see & doCastlesMalahide Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doCastlesSwords Castle
- Things to see & doCastlesHowth Castle
- Things to see & doCastlesArdgillan Castle and Gardens
- Things to see & doCastlesDublin Castle
- Things to see & doCastlesRathfarnham Castle
- Things to see & doCastlesBullock Castle