The Des Carty Traditional Music School in Tallaght, County Dublin aims to cater for all levels, beginners to advanced, age 6 and up. Courses run several weeks and are also available online.
The Des Carty Traditional Music School offers instruction in Guitar, Fiddle, Tin Whistle, Banjo, Percussion, Ukulele, Mandolin, Bass, Music Theory and Singing/Voice training.
Courses generally run for 8, 10 & 12 weeks.
Group Classes- One hour per week.
Private classes- Half an hour per week.
Online Private Classes- Half an hour per week.
All levels are accommodated - beginners to advanced. Students aged 6-years and upwards.
Their principle aim is to introduce students to the life-long enjoyment and fulfilment that music can bring. They emphasise the importance of live performance and encourage new musicians to participate in social musical gatherings. Students' input is always welcome to help provide an enjoyable learning environment in which all musicians- teachers and students- are rewarded.
Check the website for Summer School courses suitable for visitors and availability.
You may also like
- Things to see & doMuseumsNational Museum of Ireland-Decorative Arts & History
- Things to see & doBreweries & distilleriesThe Dublin Liberties Distillery
- Things to see & doHikingTicknock Fairy Castle Loop
- Things to see & doMuseumsThe Round Tower Clondalkin
- Things to see & doHistoric Barracks & jailsKilmainham Gaol
- Food & drinkFood & drink toursDublin Whiskey Tours
- Things to see & doTheatre & events venuesViking Theatre
- Things to see & doCyclingThe Lazy Bike Tour Company Limited